Complaints concerning the musculoskeletal system can be caused by very small correctable misalignments of the pelvis, joints and spine. The goal of orthomanipulation is to correct the vertebral and joint misalignment, thereby allowing the spine to adjust to a normal position and the nervous system to recover itself. In 2001, Dr. Aharon combined her knowledge of orthomanual medicine with veterinary science. She developed an orthomanipulative method specifically for animals: the Aharon method. Experiences drawn from current practice demonstrate that this method works very well on animals. Currently this is also scientifically researched.
Reasons for an orthomanual consult are:
- It is difficult for my dog to stand up or my cat is stiff.
- My dog or cat cannot climb the stairs and my dog cannot jump into the car.
- My dog or cat is lame during a longer period of time (and rest and medicine do not work).
- My dog or cat is partly paralyzed, trips over his/her feet.
- My dog or cat has had a disc hernia.
- My dog or cat is restless or fearful.